A billing address error occurs when making a purchase on your Xbox console
You see the following error message when you try to make a purchase on your Xbox console:
Sorry, there’s a problem with your billing address. Fix it in Settings, Account, Manage Payment Options, then come back to try again.
This means your billing address is incorrect.
- If you’re moving to a different country or region, you’ll need to perform some extra steps when you update your Xbox account. For more information, see Change the region of your Xbox Live account.
- If you want to associate your gamertag with a different Microsoft account, see Move your Xbox Live profile to another Microsoft account on Xbox 360.
- If you want to change your payment options and use a different payment instrument for your account, see Manage your Xbox Live payment options.
- To find your Microsoft account and associated information such as your phone number and email address, see Find your Microsoft account email address.
How to change your billing address online
- In a browser, go to My Account.
- If needed, sign in to the Microsoft account you want to change.
- Select Payment & billing, and then select Billing info.
- Select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to correct your billing address.
- Try to make your purchase again.
How to change your billing address on Xbox One
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under Account, select Payment & billing.
- Select Change billing address.
- Edit your billing account information.
Note To skip billing information that does not need to be updated, press B on your controller, and then select Next.
- Select Save info when you’re done. If you need to change something else, select Make more changes.
How to change your billing address on Xbox 360
- On your console, sign in using your Xbox gamertag.
- Go to Settings, and then select Account.
- Select Manage Payment Options.
- Select the payment option to update.
- Update the billing information for the credit card.
- Select OK, and then try to make your purchase again.
Note If you want to change the billing name on your Xbox account, use the computer steps above.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "A billing address error occurs when making a purchase on your Xbox console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?