Troubleshoot the c|net app on Xbox 360
This article offers solutions to some common problems you might experience when using the c|net app with Xbox Live and your Xbox 360 console.
Xbox Live connection problems
Xbox 360 audio or video problems
The c|net app doesn't respond
To resolve this issue, delete and reinstall the c|net app. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device (most likely Xbox 360 Hard Drive).
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "c|net."
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps and select c|net.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
You might receive one of the following error messages when you use the c|net app.
- Can't connect to the CNET Service. Error code: 0C01/8009/0304
- CNET server unavailable
- Sorry, CNET server isn't available right now. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- "Can't install the optional media update. Restart the app and try again. If the problem persists, use the Xbox Dashboard to search for and download the Optional Media Update."
To resolve these connectivity errors, try the following solutions:
- Go to Service status to ensure there is not an issue with Xbox Live or the c|net app.
- If there is no issue and you receive this error message again when you try to launch the c|net app, wait for approximately a minute. Then try to launch the app again.
- If you continue to receive this error, delete the c|net app and reinstall it. See the "The c|net app doesn't respond," section earlier on this page.
- Item Unavailable
- Sorry, the item you've requested is not available. Go to CNET Home or exit the application and try again.
To resolve these availability errors, try the following solutions:
- Wait a few minutes and try watching the content again.
- If you get the same message again, select different piece of content to watch.
To notify c|net of this error, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content Control Error
- Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports US Rating system. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family.
To resolve these errors, verify that your settings are as follows:
- If you have content controls set to block explicit content, your locale must be set to the U.S.
- If your region is set to a region other than the U.S., your content controls must be turned off.
For more information about adjusting parental controls, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
For more information about how to change your locale, see Xbox 360 Dashboard displays text in the wrong language.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.