Error code C00D1221 occurs when you’re using the Zune software
Note As of November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.
If you see error code C00D1221, you have entered an invalid Wi-Fi network key, password, or passphrase. (These three terms are used interchangeably and mean the same thing.)
Your passphrase must be either 5 or 13 characters long, or be comprised of 10 or 26 hexadecimal digits, which means your characters can only include numbers 0-9 and letters A-F. These hexadecimal passwords are often preconfigured by your Internet provider.
Typically, this error occurs when you wirelessly sync media content, and you selected WEP as the network type, but entered the wrong number of characters in the Network key/Passphrase field.
It's also possible that your network type is WPA or WPA2, and you mistakenly selected WEP as your network type.
What to Try
Try one or more of the following:
- Make sure you've selected the correct network type. To do this:
- Click the Wi-Fi icon located in the lower-right corner of your computer screen, and then click Open Network and Sharing Center at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- In the network window, look for the network type next to your network name. Or, click Manage wireless networks in the upper-left column of the window, and look for the network type (WPA, WPA2, or WEP) there.
- If your network type is wrong, see your router's documentation to get the WEP key, or contact your Internet provider.
If you're uncertain about the type of network you should be using, refer the documentation that came with your router to see what kind of network you have.
- Try re-entering the correct network key or passphrase for your router. If your router uses WEP authentication, make sure you type in 10 or 26 hexadecimal digits (numbers 0-9 and letters A-F). Or, type in a password of either 5 or 13 characters. Again, check your router's documentation to get your WEP key/passphrase, or contact your Internet provider.
Note Network key, passphrase, and password are often used interchangeably.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code C00D1221 occurs when you’re using the Zune software" issue you were reading about or a different issue?