Error code C00D124F occurs when you’re trying to sync media
Note As of November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.
If you see error code C00D124F when you’re syncing media from your computer to a Windows Phone 7 or Zune player, it means that you have run out of space on your device. Your device can't sync your media because there isn’t enough space to add any new content to it.
Free up some space on your device before you sync any more content to it. To do this, you’ll have to delete some media files (music, podcasts, pictures, or videos) from your device and then try syncing again. Here’s how:
- Connect your Windows Phone 7 or Zune player to your computer using the USB connector that came with the device.
- Open the Zune software. The software might open automatically when you connect your device.
- In the Zune software, click the device icon that’s located in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- From your device screen, select a media type (such as music or videos) listed at the top of the screen.
- Right-click the files you want to delete, and then click Delete from <device name>. Repeat this process until you have enough free space.
Note To see how much free space you have on your device, see the Total space used bar at the bottom of your Zune device’s Summary page.
- Try syncing media from your computer to your device again.
This space bar is also at the bottom of all your device’s media pages. So, you can see the amount of space that your music files, video files, or picture files are taking up on your device.
If sync is successful, you see new items listed on the Summary screen under the Just Added to Phone heading.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code C00D124F occurs when you’re trying to sync media" issue you were reading about or a different issue?