Troubleshoot SmartGlass and My Xbox Live apps on an Android device
Xbox SmartGlass is similar to My Xbox Live, but it offers new features to use with your Xbox 360 console.
Xbox SmartGlass is only for devices running Android 4.x. If you are running Android 4.0 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or later on your device, using Xbox SmartGlass instead of My Xbox Live will let you take advantage of new features for your console.
You might experience the following errors or problems when using SmartGlass or My Xbox Live.
“Sorry, you'll need to browse to xbox.com for great Xbox Live experiences. This app won't work well enough on this device.”
This error indicates that your Android phone is not capable of using the app. For more information, see the app requirements at:
- Install SmartGlass on an Android Phone
- Install My Xbox Live on an Android Phone
You get an error when you try to sign in to your Xbox Live account on Android
If you're having trouble signing in to Xbox SmartGlass:
- Start by making sure that you can successfully sign in to Xbox.com in a web browser.
Note If you forgot your account credentials, see Find your Microsoft account or password.
- If you have the correct account credentials but still can’t sign in, try the solutions at Troubleshoot SmartGlass connection and performance issues on mobile devices.
- If the previous solutions don’t resolve the problem, contact Xbox Support.
You can’t connect to your Xbox 360 console
- If you can’t connect to your Xbox 360 console using SmartGlass, first make sure that Xbox SmartGlass apps is On in your console settings. Here's how:
- From Xbox Home, go to Settings.
- Select System and then Console Settings.
- Select Connected Devices.
- Verify that Xbox SmartGlass is On.
- Make sure that the same profile that you’re using on your device is already signed in to the console.
- For more information, see Set up and use SmartGlass on the Xbox 360.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Troubleshoot SmartGlass and My Xbox Live apps on an Android device" issue you were reading about or a different issue?