"This disc is unreadable" error occurs when you use a Games on Demand game
You see the following error message when you try to play a Games on Demand game on your Xbox 360:
This disc is unreadable. It may be the wrong region for this console. Match the region of the disc to the console. Clean the disc with a soft cloth. Restart the console. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support.
This problem can occur if your Xbox 360 console can’t read game files on the hard drive.
You may be able to resolve this problem by storing the game on a different part of your hard drive. To do this, delete and download the game again. Here's how:
- Select Settings and then select System.
- Select Storage, and then select your storage device. For example, select the Xbox 360 Hard Drive.
- Select Games and Apps, and then select the Games on Demand game that doesn’t play. Take note of the size.
- Select the Games on Demand game, and then select Delete.
- Go to the Games Store and download a game demo or other content that is approximately the same size as the Games on Demand title.
Note Game demos are a no-cost way to add content to your hard drive.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Select Settings, and then select Account.
- Select Download History.
- Select the Games on Demand game, and then select Download Again.
- Once it’s downloaded, play the Games on Demand game.
If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the ""This disc is unreadable" error occurs when you use a Games on Demand game" issue you were reading about or a different issue?