Error 8007-000F "Can't process the update" occurs when downloading an update on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to download an Xbox Dashboard update to your Xbox 360 console:
Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.Xbox.com/support.
Error code: 8007-000F
This may mean that a storage device (memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the update.
To resolve this problem, try the following steps:
- Turn off your console.
- Remove all storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives or the internal hard drive, on the Xbox 360 E console or the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
- Add your primary storage device; for example, the hard drive.
- Turn on the console.
- Try updating the console again.
Still receiving the error message?
- If your Xbox 360 console has an internal memory module: Try installing the update to a different storage device, or go to the Online Service Centre to request a console repair.
Examples of internal memory modules include:
- Xbox 360 E 4GB
- Xbox 360 S 4GB
- Original Xbox 360 Arcade
- If your Xbox 360 console has an attached hard disk drive (HDD): See Add or remove an Xbox 360 hard drive to learn how to remove the HDD so that you can use a different storage device when you install the update. (HDDs can range in size from 20 GB to 320 GB.)
If the previous solutions didn't resolve the problem, your console needs to be repaired. See Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8007-000F "Can't process the update" occurs when downloading an update on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?