Error 80162711 occurs when you sign in to Xbox Live or add currency to your Microsoft account
You see the following error code and message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live or add points to your Microsoft account:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status code: 80162711
This may mean that there's a problem with your account. For example, the information on your Xbox console may be outdated, or you may need to verify the information in your Microsoft account.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Run the Xbox Live Connection Test
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select your network.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
Solution 2: Verify the information for your Microsoft Account
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
Note If you forgot your password or can't sign in by using your password, try resetting your password.
- Note any displayed error messages.
- After you resolve any errors, verify the information for your Microsoft account. For example, verify the billing information and the information in the Password and security info section.
- Sign out of your Microsoft Account, and then sign in again.
- Sign in to Xbox Live or again try to add currency to your account.
Solution 3: Try to sign in at Xbox.com
- Click Sign In at the top of any xbox.com page, such as this one.
- Type the user name and password for your Microsoft account, and then click Sign In.
- If you can sign in at Xbox.com, try to sign in on your Xbox console again.
Solution 4: Contact Xbox support
If the previous solutions didn't resolve the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80162711 occurs when you sign in to Xbox Live or add currency to your Microsoft account " issue you were reading about or a different issue?