Link accounts to Xbox
Stay connected to friends across your social networks while gaming on Windows 10. Link your favorites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
In this topic
Link accounts from Xbox Game Bar, Xbox app (Beta), or games purchased on Steam
With a few exceptions, you’ll only have to link an account one time. For example, if you link an account from Xbox Game Bar, it’ll also appear as linked in Xbox app (Beta).
To link an account using Xbox Game Bar:
- Press Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.
- Select Settings > Accounts.
- Sign in to Xbox Live (most linked accounts require it), choose a social network from the list, press Link, then follow the prompts.
To link an account using Xbox app (Beta):
- Press the Start button , then choose Xbox (Beta) from the list.
- Select Profile & settings in the upper right corner, then choose Settings > Account.
- Sign in to Xbox Live, choose a social network from the list, press Link, then follow the prompts.
Select the Show icon on my profile checkbox for each account to let gamers know which social networks you’re on. Note that these icons can be seen by anyone using Xbox Game Bar, Xbox app (Beta), or in a game on Steam that supports account linking.
To link an account from a game purchased on Steam:
- Open Steam and then launch a game that supports Xbox account linking (e.g. Gears 5).
- Sign in to Xbox Live when prompted.
- Select the account linking option in the game’s menu.
- When the Steam account linking overlay appears, select Yes, continue.
- Choose which friends you want to follow.
Account won’t link
Visit or contact the support website for the social network you’re trying to link.
Social network icons aren’t showing up
If you’ve selected the Show icon on my profile checkbox but the icon still isn’t displaying, sign out of Game Bar or Xbox app (Beta) then sign back in. If that doesn’t fix the problem, launch Task Manager, choose the app that’s running (Game Bar or Xbox app), select End task, then restart the app.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Link accounts to Xbox" issue you were reading about or a different issue?