Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots
Watch the video Record game clips. Note This video is available in English only.
To capture what just happened:
- Start your game and play as usual.
- When something cool happens and you want to record it, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then press the X button to grab the last 30 seconds.
To capture a screenshot instead, press the Y button instead of the X button .
Note The screenshot is taken when you press the Xbox button . Pressing the Y button saves it.
To capture what's going to happen next:
- Start your game. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Press the View button , and then select Record from now. Depending on your game clip resolution and available storage space, clips can last up to 10 minutes (capturing to internal storage) or 1 hour (capturing to external storage).
- To end the clip, open the guide and press the X button . You'll get a message when your clip is saved.
To see your captures, select Manage captures. Select any capture to see what you can do with it.
To set your clip resolution and capture location, press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to Broadcast & capture > Advanced settings.
Note Saving and sharing screenshots requires Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. If you don’t have a subscription, you can take screenshots on another home Xbox as long as someone with Xbox Live Gold is signed in. For more info, see Using Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate sharing features on Xbox One.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots" issue you were reading about or a different issue?