About energy-saving and instant-on power modes
You can configure your Xbox One console to use either instant-on power mode or energy-saving power mode, depending on your preference.
When you’re set to instant-on, you’re able to:
- Start up faster
- Wake with your voice (where available)
- Turn TV and cable or satellite on with your console
To change this setting:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings > All settings.
- Select Power & startup > Power mode & startup. Select Power mode to change the setting.
In energy-saving power mode, your console is shut down to save energy. In this mode:
- Your console takes 45 seconds to start up.
- You must press the Xbox button to start the console.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "About energy-saving and instant-on power modes" issue you were reading about or a different issue?