Using the guide on Xbox One
The guide is the quickest way for you to:
- Find out what your friends are up to, and keep track of your clubs.
- Start and join parties.
- Broadcast your game with Mixer.
- See what's new in your activity feed, and check your progress on achievements.
- Check your messages and notifications.
- Review and change your settings.
- Update your profile.
Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller – or on Home, simply by moving left.
Here you’ll find the guide tabs, quick access to your most recently used features, and quick links to My games & apps, the Microsoft Store, and your personal alerts.
Using the Guide tabs
Use the eight tabs along the top to quickly access the top features of your console.
Once you’ve signed in, you can:
- Select your gamertag to go to your profile, account, and memberships
- Add new accounts or guests to your console
- See all your achievements, just your recent ones, or the ones you’re close to achieving
- See your gamerscore leaderboard
- Start a party (you’ll need Xbox Live Gold for parties)
- Search or create posts in Looking for Group
- Find and create tournaments
- See any invitations you’ve received
Here you’ll find all things friends:
- See your friends list
- See who’s online or in a game—even across platforms
- See suggested friends
- Select Find someone to add a friend
- Select Recent players to see who you’ve played with recently
- See your clubs or join one
This gives you quick access to your Home screen. Learn how to customize your home to keep all your favorite groups in one place.
Find your communications and start new ones here:
- Conversations and chats
- Message requests
- Messages from Xbox Live
Broadcast & capture
This is your hub for broadcasting from or watching broadcasts on your console with Mixer. You can also:
- Grab and manage game clips and screenshots
- See your recent captures
- Access advanced broadcast and capture settings
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Using the guide on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?