Change how you pay for an Xbox subscription
If the payment option you use to pay for your Xbox subscription is expired or no longer valid, you must update it to avoid losing access to your subscription.
Change how you pay online
To change how you pay for your Xbox subscription online:
- In a browser, sign in to your Services and subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find the Xbox subscription for which you want to change the payment option in the list, and then select Change how you pay.
- Select your new payment option from the list, or select Add a new way to pay to add a credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or mobile phone carrier as a new payment option.
Note For more info about using your mobile phone carrier as a payment option, see Buy stuff from Microsoft Store with mobile billing.
After you’ve updated how you pay for your Xbox subscription, you can remove the payment option you no longer want to use.
If you want to use a digital code instead of a renewing subscription, you can redeem a digital code online. You’ll still need to cancel your current subscription to avoid any renewal fees.
Note If your subscription is past due, you’ll need to settle the past due balance using the previous steps before redeeming your digital code.
Change how you pay on your Xbox One console
If you’re on your Xbox One console, you can change how you pay for your Xbox subscription easily without going online.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
- Choose the subscription you want to manage.
- Under Payment and billing, select Change payment option.
- Choose an existing payment option, or select Add a new payment method to add a credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or mobile phone carrier as a new payment option.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Change how you pay for an Xbox subscription " issue you were reading about or a different issue?