Change your sign-in preferences on your Xbox One console
If you want to change your sign-in preferences, such as requiring your password when you sign in, follow these steps.
If you have child accounts in your family, your sign-in preferences give you control over your kids’ access to content and ability to buy from the Microsoft Store.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings.
- Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey.
- Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Make it fast, make it magic: Automatic sign-in with no password or passkey required.
- No barriers: No password or passkey required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.
- Check that it's me: A passkey is required to sign in.
- Ask for my passkey: A passkey is required to sign in, change settings, or make purchases.
- Lock it down: Your Microsoft account password is required for almost everything.
- Customize: Select this option to customize which actions require a password or passkey.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Change your sign-in preferences on your Xbox One console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?