Install and watch the Sky News app
Learn how to install the Sky News app and watch content through your Xbox 360 console.
To use the Sky News app, you need:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live Account
- At least 122 megabytes (MB) of available space
Download the Sky News app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Sky News.
- Select Sky News to download and install the app. After the download, the app automatically starts, and you can browse through and view details about the available content.
To start the Sky News app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then Sky News.
Watch the Sky News app
Go to video, choose My Video Apps, and then select Sky News.
From the main screen, you can choose from any of the following:
- Choose from the categories Latest, US News, World, UK News, Technology, Entertainment, Strange, or Editor’s Pick to watch the latest news stories from Sky News.
- Browse through news stories and press A to play a video.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Sky News app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Sky News app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Install and watch the Sky News app" issue you were reading about or a different issue?