Error message "Can't process the update" occurs when you try to download a software update to your Xbox 360 console
You may see the following error code and message when you try to download an Xbox Dashboard update to your Xbox 360 console:
Can't process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.Xbox.com/support.
Error code: 8007-000F
This may mean that a storage device (memory unit or hard drive) was not found during the update.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
- Turn off your console.
- Remove all storage devices, including any USB flash drives, external hard drives, or the internal hard drive on the Xbox 360 E console or the Xbox 360 S console. Learn how to remove the hard drive.
- Add your primary storage device, for example, the hard drive.
- Turn on the console.
- Try updating the console again.
Still receiving this error message?
- If your Xbox 360 console has an internal memory module: Try installing the update to a different storage device, or go to the Online Service Center and click Start Request to request a console repair.
Examples of internal memory modules include the following:
- Xbox 360 E 4GB
- Xbox 360 S 4GB
- Original Xbox 360 Arcade
- If your Xbox 360 console has an attached hard disk drive (HDD): See Add or remove an Xbox 360 hard drive to learn how to remove the HDD so that you can use a different storage device when you install the update. (HDDs can range in size from 20 GB to 320 GB.)
Repair or warranty questions? See Xbox 360 warranty, registration and repair: Frequently asked questions.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error message "Can't process the update" occurs when you try to download a software update to your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?