Error 803C0008 occurs when try to play a video on your Xbox 360 console.
You see the following error code and message when you try to play a video on your Xbox 360 console:
The license for this item is missing, corrupted, or doesn't belong to the current Xbox Live profile. To restore the license, sign in to Xbox Live with the profile that originally downloaded the item, then try again.
This error occurs because no usable license is available for the video. The license may be missing, expired, or corrupted. Or, the license may not belong to the current profile.
To resolve this issue, try one of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Use the gamertag used to purchase the content
- Sign in on your console by using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
- Try to play or use the content.
Note If you recently transferred content to a new console, you can play the content on your new console if you sign in using the gamertag that originally purchased the content. If you want to use the transferred content without signing in to Xbox Live or with a different gamertag, you’ll need to transfer the content licenses to your new console. For information on how to do this, see Xbox 360 Digital Rights Management.
Solution 2: Delete and download the content again
If your console was repaired or you used the license transfer tool to transfer licenses from one console to another, the locally stored licenses might be out of date. You must download the content again to update the locally stored licenses.
- On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
- Go to settings, and then select System.
- Select Storage, and then select the location of the item (for example, Hard Drive).
- Select Games & Apps and then locate the game and select it.
- Select the item that you’re having a problem with, and then select Delete.
- Return to Xbox Home.
- Go to settings and select Account.
- Select Download History.
- Select the item that you are having problems with, and then select Download Again.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 803C0008 occurs when try to play a video on your Xbox 360 console." issue you were reading about or a different issue?