Error code 8C320008 occurs when you try to make a purchase on Xbox Live
You may see the following error message and code when you try to make a purchase on Xbox Live.
Sorry, an error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.
Status code: 8C320008
This may mean that there is a problem with your payment method. For example, your billing address may be incorrect, or the credit card used for billing may be expired.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
- Check your billing address
Make sure the billing address for your Xbox Live account matches the billing address used by your credit card company. Also make sure that your Xbox Live account payment information, including capitalization, matches the information that is used by your credit card company.
To change the billing address for your Xbox Live account, see Change your Xbox Live account information.
- Update your payment option
To update your Xbox Live payment option, see Add a credit card or PayPal account to your Xbox Live payment options.
- Contact your bank or financial institution
The Xbox Live purchase might have failed because:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
- Use a prepaid Microsoft Points or membership card if available
Alternatively, you can purchase a prepaid Microsoft Points card from a retail location and use it to make purchases. Note that not all purchases support Microsoft Points or prepaid options. Before purchasing Microsoft Points or a prepaid card, make sure that purchase option is available for the item you want to purchase.
- Confirm that you are using an approved payment method
You can use Visa, MasterCard, or American Express cards in Windows Phone Marketplace as long as they allow international purchases. Even if your card displays a Visa or MasterCard logo, it is possible that it's not approved by your bank or issuing financial institution to make an international purchase. Pre-paid cards, debit cards, and gift cards (even those with a Visa or MasterCard logo) do not qualify as international cards and are currently not accepted by Windows Phone Marketplace.
If your credit card is an approved form of payment, try the next solution.
- Check the card number, expiration date, card security code, and name for the card
Retype the credit card number without any spaces, commas, or other non-numeric characters. Verify that the expiration date, card security code, and name that you entered are correct and match what is shown on the card.
- Try your purchase again later
The Xbox Live purchase might be blocked because:
- Too many recent purchase attempts were declined.
- The Xbox Live account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
- The payment option you provided may have a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. If lots of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).
Repair or warranty questions? See Xbox 360 warranty, registration and repair: Frequently asked questions.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code 8C320008 occurs when you try to make a purchase on Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?