Use Game Mode while gaming on your PC
When you use Game Mode, Windows prioritizes your gaming experience. When you’re running a game, Game Mode:
- Prevents Windows Update from performing driver installations and sending restart notifications.
- Helps achieve a more stable frame rate depending on the specific game and system.
To turn Game Mode on or off:
- Press the Start button, then select Settings.
- Choose Gaming > Game Mode.
- Turn Game Mode On or Off.
Note: Game Mode is on by default.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.