Error message “Controller Disconnected” when you play Forza Motorsport 6
You see the following error message when you play Forza Motorsport 6 on your Xbox One console:
Please reconnect the controller for player <gamertag>
Typically, this means that the active profile recognized by the Xbox One differs from the profile playing the game. This may occur if players swap controllers, or if one person uses the Xbox One while another person is signed in and active in Forza.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Confirm your controller is properly connected and has fresh batteries
For more information about controllers, see Xbox One Wireless Controller functions improperly.
Solution 2: Sign in using the profile that’s named in the error message
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Scroll up to the Sign in tab.
- Select the gamertag that’s named in the error message.
- Select Sign in.
Solution 3: Quit and restart Forza Motorsport 6
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Home.
- Highlight Forza Motorsport 6.
- Press the Menu button on the controller and select Quit.
- On the Home screen, move right and select My games & apps.
- Scroll down and select Forza Motorsport 6 to restart the game.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error message “Controller Disconnected” when you play Forza Motorsport 6" issue you were reading about or a different issue?