Set up and use the Xbox SmartGlass app on a Windows-based device
Xbox SmartGlass enables you to use your Windows device as a companion remote control for your Xbox 360 console.
Xbox SmartGlass is a free download from the Microsoft Store.
Xbox SmartGlass requirements for devices running Windows
To use Xbox SmartGlass on Windows you need:
- A tablet or PC running Windows 8, Windows RT, or later versions
- A Microsoft account and an associated Xbox Live profile
- An Internet connection or local network connection capable of connecting to your Xbox 360 console
Note Xbox SmartGlass performance varies based on the speed of your network connection and the processing power of your tablet or PC.
Download and install Xbox SmartGlass from the Microsoft Store
- Open the Start screen on your Windows-based device or PC.
- Select Microsoft Store.
- At the upper right of the screen, click or tap the Search charm.
- Search for SmartGlass.
- Find the version of Xbox SmartGlass that's compatible with your Windows-based device or PC, then click Install.
- When the installation completes, an Xbox SmartGlass tile displays on your Start screen.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.