How to use your Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit
This article describes how to charge your Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack by using your Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit.
Charge the battery pack by using the charge cable
To charge the battery pack by using the charge cable, please follow these steps:
- Press the tab on the top of the AA battery pack and pull down to detach it from the controller.
- Insert the rechargeable battery pack into the battery compartment on the controller and push in to lock.
Note To avoid pinching your fingers when you insert the battery pack, push only on the flat surface of the battery pack.
- Connect your charge cable to the charge port on the front of the controller.
Important Do not connect your charge cable without a rechargeable battery pack or AA battery pack installed. This can damage your controller.
- Connect your charge cable to a controller port.
- Turn on your Xbox 360 console.
Note If you try the following steps without turning your Xbox 360 console on, the battery pack will not charge.
- You can now leave your Xbox 360 console on or turn it off. In both instances, the light on your charge cable glows red to indicate the battery is charging. When the light switches to green or off, the battery pack is fully charged.
Note To turn off your Xbox 360 console but continue charging the battery, you must shut down your console through the Dashboard:
- While your Xbox 360 console is still turned on, press and hold the Guide button .
- A menu will appear on the right side of the screen. Release the Guide button .
- Select Shut Down Console, and then press the A button . These commands will cause the console to continue charging the rechargeable battery pack while the console in "stand-by" mode.
Note Pressing the power button on the front of the console or turning off the power source will stop the charging of the battery pack.
Play while you charge
You can continue to use your controller to play on your Xbox 360 console while it charges. Your controller continues to use wireless signals for gameplay when it is connected with your charge cable. Do not use your charge cable without either a rechargeable battery pack or AA battery pack installed on your wireless controller.
Clean the battery pack
If you must clean the battery contacts, use only a dry cloth. Water or chemicals can damage the contacts.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to use your Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit" issue you were reading about or a different issue?