Troubleshoot Kinect sign-in problems on your Xbox 360 console
If you are not automatically signed in
When you wave to your Kinect sensor, you are not signed in to your profile. To fix this problem, set up your Kinect ID to automatically sign you in. See Automatic sign in with Kinect for more information.
If the problem continues, make sure your play space and face are well lit and your face is not obscured.
If you are signed in to the wrong profile
When you wave to Kinect, you are signed in to someone else’s profile. To fix this problem, try the following:
- Turn off Kinect ID sign-in for your profile. Here’s how:
- Go to the settings hub, and select System.
- Select Profile.
- Select Sign-In Preferences.
- Select Off for Kinect ID. This will delete the Kinect ID for your profile.
- Set up your Kinect ID again to automatically sign you in. See Automatic sign in with Kinect.
- Wave to Kinect to sign in to your profile.
If it takes a long time to sign in
When you wave to Kinect, sign-in takes longer than expected.
To speed up sign-in, do the following:
- Make sure your play space and face are well lit.
- After you wave to Kinect, face the Kinect sensor for a few moments. Do not turn your back or look away.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Troubleshoot Kinect sign-in problems on your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?