Set up your headset in Bluetooth mode
Before you can use the wireless headset with a Bluetooth device, you need to wirelessly connect (also called pairing) the headset with the Bluetooth device.
To connect your wireless headset with a Bluetooth device:
- Make sure the charging cable is not connected to the headset.
- Press the power button on your headset for two seconds.
- Turn on the Bluetooth device that you want to connect to your headset.
- On your headset, move the mode switch to Bluetooth. When the headset is in Bluetooth mode, the light on the headset is now blue.
- Press and hold the headset’s connect button for two seconds. The lights flash blue in a clockwise direction when the headset is in Bluetooth discovery mode.
- Follow the pairing instructions included with your Bluetooth- enabled device. If your device requires a security PIN number to pair with your wireless headset, use “0000” (four zeros) as the security PIN.
When your headset successfully connects, the lights flash blue three times.
To pair your headset with another Bluetooth enabled device, repeat steps 1-4. You can pair your headset with up to eight Bluetooth- enabled devices.
When you turn your headset on in Bluetooth mode or switch from Xbox to Bluetooth mode, your headset automatically tries to connect to the last Bluetooth device(s) to which it was connected. Your headset supports Bluetooth Multipoint technology. This means that your headset can simultaneously connect to two Bluetooth devices.
Use your wireless headset in Bluetooth mode
Once you’ve completed the setup steps, you’re ready to use the headset with a Bluetooth device. If you have a Bluetooth device that supports phone calls, you can use the Action button on the wireless headset to make, answer, or reject calls.
To answer a call
- Mute/Action (Mute in Xbox mode and Action in Bluetooth mode)
- Volume +
- Volume -
- Power input
- Xbox (green)/Bluetooth mode (blue)
When you receive an incoming call, the headset plays an incoming call sound and the headset’s lights flash blue until you answer, reject, or ignore the call.
To answer an incoming call:
- Press and release the Action button.
- If the headset is in Xbox mode, switching to Bluetooth mode automatically answers the incoming call (without pressing the Action button).
- If the headset is turned off, turning it on will automatically answer an incoming call (without pressing the Action button).
To reject an incoming call: Press and hold the Action button for two seconds.
To end a call: Press and release the Action button. Switching to Xbox mode doesn’t end a call.
If you get an incoming call during a call: Press the Action button to answer the incoming call and put the first call on hold. This feature must be supported by your Bluetooth device and mobile operator.
While a call is on hold:
- Press and release the Action button to hang up the active call.
- Press and hold the Action button for two seconds to swap calls.
To make a call:
- Turn on your wireless headset.
- If your headset is connected to a Bluetooth device (and not already in a call), press and hold the Action button for two seconds.
- Now you can use Bluetooth voice commands to make your call. For information on using Bluetooth voice commands refer to your Bluetooth device instructions (for example, your phone documentation).
Note The mute button on the wireless headset only works in Xbox mode. However, if you’re using the headset with a mobile phone, you can use the mute function on your phone.
Switch operating modes
You can switch the operating mode on your headset at any time. If you have a Bluetooth device that supports calling, you can switch from Xbox to Bluetooth mode to answer an incoming call on your headset (provided you previously set up the Bluetooth device with your headset). If you switch from Bluetooth back to Xbox mode, your headset uses the same settings you had when you last used Xbox mode.
Mobile device connectivity varies by manufacturer. For help in troubleshooting Bluetooth connectivity problems with a mobile device, please see the product manual or manufacturer’s site.
For help connecting your headset to a Windows Phone, please see Pair my phone with a Bluetooth accessory.
People can’t hear you
If someone can’t hear when you use the headset in Bluetooth mode:
How to clear the list of Bluetooth devices from the headset
- Complete the setup steps to connect your headset with your Bluetooth device.
- Make sure the mode switch on the headset is set to Bluetooth.
- Make sure the microphone is pointed forward.
- Make sure the Bluetooth mode on your Bluetooth device (for example, a phone) is on.
The headset stores pairing information for the last eight Bluetooth devices that it was connected to. If you want to clear the list, use the following steps:
- Turn on your headset.
- Move the mode switch to Bluetooth (the light on the headset will flash blue).
- Press and hold the Connect button for 10 seconds.
- Initially the lights will flash blue in a clockwise direction, and then after 10 seconds all four lights will flash together. The headset will also make two low- pitch sounds.
- Turn off the headset.
- To pair the headset again, follow the ”Set up your headset in Bluetooth mode” instructions above.