Closed captions in Movies & TV content on Xbox 360
Closed captions let you read the words that are spoken in the audio part of a video or TV show. When closed captioning is turned on, captions are usually displayed at the bottom of your screen. Closed captions are typically used by people with hearing disabilities and viewers who would rather read than listen to the audio portion of a video.
For more information about closed captions, see the Federal Communications Commission's Closed Captioning Guide.
Turn on closed captions on your Xbox 360 console
Note If you enable closed captions on your Xbox 360 console, you'll see captions on all closed captioning–enabled video content that you play on your console.
- On your console, go to Settings and select Console Settings.
Note Not seeing Settings? You might be using an old version of the console software. For information about how to update it, see How to get a new Xbox 360 update.
- Select Display.
- Select Closed Caption.
- To use closed captions with the default settings, select Use Media Setting.
To customize closed captions, select Use Custom Style, select Customize Style, and then use the following options:
- Caption Color: Change the color of the text.
- Caption Size: Make the text larger or smaller.
- Caption Style: Change the font style of the caption.
- Caption Transparency: Change whether you can partly see through the text.
- Caption Effect: Change or remove text effects.
- Background Color: Change the color of the background behind the caption.
- Background Transparency: Change whether you can see through the background.
- Window Color: Change the color of the border around the background.
- Window Transparency: Change whether you can see through the background border.
Foreign language subtitles
Follow these steps to change subtitle settings at any time while viewing a video purchased or rented through Movies & TV on your Xbox 360 console:
- Press the A button to open the video controls.
- Select CC/Subtitles.
- Select the desired language and adjust the settings as needed.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Closed captions in Movies & TV content on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?