Set up and use the Rhapsody app on Xbox 360
One this page
To listen to Rhapsody on your console, you need:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 113 megabytes of available storage space
- A Rhapsody music subscription
Download the Rhapsody app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Rhapsody.
- Select Rhapsody to download and install the app.
On first use, you'll be prompted to associate your console to your Rhapsody account by using the activation code.
To start Rhapsody later, go to apps, My Apps, and then Rhapsody.
Listen to Rhapsody
Go to Music, My Music Apps, and then Rhapsody.
1. From the Browse hub, you can:
- Listen to any of the featured programs displayed in the center of the hub.
- Select Popular or New Releases to search for music that interests you.
- To jump right in and enjoy a preselected list of songs, select Play Popular Tracks or Play New Release.
2. For more options, navigate to:
- My Music to access playlists that you create at rhapsody.com.
- Radio to access Featured, Popular, or Genre radio.
- Search to search for your favorite artist or song.
3. Choose something, and then select Play.
Note: Content can only be played on one device at a time for each Rhapsody account.
Associate your console to your Rhapsody account
You will be prompted to sign in when you start the Rhapsody app the first time. To sign in to Rhapsody, follow these steps:
- The first time that you start the Rhapsody app, a code is displayed on your screen.
- Open a browser and go to rhapsody.com/xbox/activate.
- Sign-in to your Rhapsody account or create a new one.
- Enter the code from your console in the Activate widow, and then select Activate.
- You will be prompted to either sign in or create a new account.
Note After you sign in, you will not be prompted again unless you sign out from within the Rhapsody app on your console.
Un-associate your console from your Rhapsody account
To un-associate your console from your Rhapsody account, follow these steps
- Select Settings, and then select Sign Out.
- Select Yes.
Manage your Rhapsody account
For account support or issues with your Rhapsody music subscription, contact Rhapsody by phone at (866) 597-5505 during the hours of 6 AM-6 PM Pacific Time Monday – Friday or 7:30 AM-5 PM Pacific Time on weekends.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Rhapsody app will follow these settings. For example, if you prohibit viewing of R-rated movies or TV-MA-rated TV shows, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Rhapsody app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about using a pass code, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the Rhapsody app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?