TwitchTV app on Xbox 360 help
This article describes how to resolve problems with the TwitchTV app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
The TwitchTV app doesn't respond
If the TwitchTV app doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall it. Here’s how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "TwitchTV."
- Select Delete.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to apps and then Browse Apps.
- Select TwitchTV app.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If the problem isn’t resolved, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the TwitchTV app:
- Cannot play this channel at this time. Please try again later.
- Sorry, the item you're interested in is no longer available.
- Stream Currently Unavailable
These errors indicate that TwitchTV is having a problem streaming content. Try this:
- Check the status of TwitchTV service.
- If there is no issue and you get the error when you try to play content, wait for about a minute and then try again.
- If you continue to get the error, select a different piece of content to watch.
- If you still get the error, delete and reinstall the TwitchTV app.
If this didn't resolve the issue or if you want to notify TwitchTV of a content issue, contact TwitchTV by visiting help.twitch.tv or by email to mailto:email@example.com.
- Sorry, the Twitch server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- Check the status of TwitchTV.
- If there’s no reported problem with the TwitchTV service and you continue to get the error message, wait about a minute and then restart the app.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and re-install the TwitchTV app.
If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support.
- Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports US Ratings system. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family.
This error occurs when your region is not set to the United States. For information about how to change your region, see Xbox 360 Dashboard displays text in the wrong language.
For information about how to turn off parental controls, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.