Vimeo app on Xbox 360 help
Learn how to troubleshoot problems with the Vimeo app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
If the Vimeo app isn't functioning smoothly on your console, you may be experiencing a connectivity problem. See Troubleshoot Xbox 360 connection to Xbox Live.
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
The Vimeo app doesn't respond
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to “Vimeo.”
- Select Delete.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to apps and then Browse Apps.
- Select the Vimeo app.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If the problem isn't resolved, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the Vimeo app.
- Sorry, the Vimeo server isn't available right now. Please go back and retry or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status
- Sorry, the Vimeo server isn't available right now. Please exit the application and try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status
- Vimeo Server unavailable
- Error message 3 A server or network error has occurred. Please try again later.
- An unknown error has occurred.
- An internal error has occurred.
If you get one of these error messages, go to Service status to check for current issues with Xbox Live or the Vimeo app.
If there are no current issues and you get the error when you try to start the Vimeo app, wait about a minute and try again.
If you get the error again, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
If you continue to get one of these error messages, try the Xbox Live slow performance solution.
If none of these solutions work, contact Xbox Support.
- This application cannot be used because a signed-in user is under the age of 13.
If you get this error message, it means that the user who is signed in to Xbox Live is identified as under 13 years of age. In this case, the following happens:
- The app warns that it’s not accessible to users under 13 unless a parent provides the code to unlock the app.
- If a parent unlocks the Vimeo app, the app displays a message that states that the parent has potentially allowed a user under 13 to log in to the app. The parent can then confirm or prevent the child from logging in.
It is the responsibility of the parent user to understand the Vimeo Terms of Service.
For more information about using a pass code, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
Note Xbox Support cannot change the age on a Microsoft account.
- The video cannot be played at this time.
- A missing data error has occurred
- Sorry, the video you were interested in is no longer available
If you get one of these error messages, wait about a minute and then try to access the content again.
If you continue to get the error, select something else to watch.
To notify Vimeo about the error, email Vimeo.
- Either the Email or Password is incorrect. Please attempt to log in again.
- Both Email and Password cannot be empty.
- You no longer seem to be authorized. Please try doing a logout and login to Vimeo.
If you get this error message, it means there was an error linking your Vimeo account to your gamertag. Check your Xbox Live credentials and retry the Vimeo app activation process.
If you continue to get the error message, exit the app, restart it, and sign in again.
To notify Vimeo about the error, email Vimeo at Xbox@Vimeo.com.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Vimeo app on Xbox 360 help" issue you were reading about or a different issue?