Check the Xbox 360 power supply
Problems with your Xbox 360 console can sometimes be solved by making sure your power supply connections are firmly secured. Try these steps in the following order:
- Turn off the console.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
- Unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet, and then unplug the short cord from the power supply.
- Plug the power cord back into the console, and then plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and the power supply.
- Make sure that all three power supply connections are firm.
- Turn on the console and check the light on the power supply.
Check the light on your power supply
Solid green or solid orange light: Your power supply is working. If your console won’t turn on, try our Xbox 360 No Power Solution.
Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:
- Plug your console’s power supply into a different electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.
- If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then, plug the power supply back into the outlet.
If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace the power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Check the Xbox 360 power supply" issue you were reading about or a different issue?