Error code 19-04-80004005 occurs when you’re trying to stream music to your Xbox 360 console
You may see the following error code and message when you try to stream music to your Xbox 360 console:
Can't play this content because it may not be supported.
Status code: 19-04-80004005
This may mean that the file is protected or is in an audio format that is not supported by the Xbox 360 console.
The Xbox 360 supports the following audio formats:
- MP3 (*.mp3)
- WMA (*.wma): WMA7/8, WMA9 Pro (stereo and 5.1), WMA Lossless
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) (*.m4a, *.m4b, *.m4p, *.m4v, *.m4r, *.3gp, *.mp4, *.aac)
Note The Xbox 360 console can only play AAC files that are not protected by digital rights management (DRM). Protected AAC files will appear grayed out in the Xbox Dashboard.
Download Optional Media Update for AAC files
To listen to music that is in the AAC format, you need to download the free Optional Media Update from Xbox Live. Here’s how:
On your computer
- Go to the Optional Media Update page.
- Click Download to Xbox 360.
- Sign in to your Xbox Live account, if you are asked to.
- Select Confirm Download.
- Click Done.
- The Optional Media Update will appear in My Games on your Xbox 360 console when the download is complete.
On the Xbox 360 console
- Go to Bing and search for "Optional Media Update."
- Select Optional Media Update.
- Select Optional Media Update again.
- Select Confirm Download. The download is free.
- Once your download is complete, select Continue, and then return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Important If you are using a friend's console, and you have already downloaded the Optional Media Update on your console, you won’t be able to download the Optional Media Update again. The Optional Media Update can only be downloaded by a gamertag once. To listen to your non-DRM AAC files at a friend's house, your friend needs to download the Optional Media Update.
If you are still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error code 19-04-80004005 occurs when you’re trying to stream music to your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?