Error 800705b6 occurs when you try to download content on your Xbox 360
You see the following error code when you try to download content on your Xbox 360 console:
This may mean the content became corrupted during the download process.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Delete your profile, clear your system cache, and then re-add your profile
The system cache contains temporary files used by the Xbox 360 console. Deleting your profile and clearing the system cache may fix this problem. Follow these steps:
- Delete your profile.
- Go to settings, and then select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
- Select Profiles.
- Select the profile that you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.
- Clear your Xbox 360 system cache.
- Download your profile again.
- Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
- Select Download Profile.
Note Not seeing Download Profile? Press X to sign out of your profile.
- Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live gamertag. If you don’t know your Microsoft account or password, see Find your Microsoft account email address or password.
- Now, enter your Microsoft account password.
Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, the parent’s Microsoft account information is required to download the profile.
- Select the storage device for your profile.
Your profile will begin downloading. Once your profile is downloaded, you can choose whether or not you want to require your Microsoft account password to sign in to your profile.
|Remember Password option|
The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you’ll be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your Xbox Live profile.
- Leave the Remember Password option unchecked (off) if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your profile on this console.
Note If you’re downloading your profile to your own console, you can select the Remember Password option so that you aren’t prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your profile.
You can now sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag on this console.
Important If you downloaded your profile to another console and you chose the Remember Password option, you can remotely remove the password so that your profile can’t be accessed on the other console. To learn how to do this, see Manage your sign-in preferences on your Xbox 360 console.
Solution 2: Delete the content and try to download it again
The content may have become corrupted during the download process. Delete the content and try downloading it again.
For information about how to delete items from your Xbox 360, see Copy, move, or delete Xbox saved games, profiles and avatar items.
Solution 3: Troubleshoot your network connection
Check your console’s connection to your router or modem. If it’s connected to the Internet correctly, see Troubleshoot your Xbox Live connection.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 800705b6 occurs when you try to download content on your Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?