Error 80151015 occurs when signing in to your account on Xbox 360
You see the following error code when you try to sign in to your account on your Xbox 360 console:
Error code: 80151015
This may mean that your Microsoft account is blocked or your profile is corrupted.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Update your security information
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Select Security & privacy.
- Select More security settings, and then make sure your security information is correct and up to date.
- Try to sign in to your account again.
For more information, see Update all of your Microsoft account security information.
If you still can’t sign in, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Delete your profile, redownload it, and clear your cache
To resolve this issue, delete your profile and download it again. Then clear your cache and restart the console.
Step 1: Delete your profile
- Go to settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- If you don’t connect any external storage devices to your console, select Hard Drive. If you do use external storage, select All Devices.
- Select Profiles.
- Select the profile that you want to delete.
- Select Delete.
- Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.
Step 2: Clear the system cache and restart the Xbox console
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
- Restart the Xbox console and try to sign in to your account.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80151015 occurs when signing in to your account on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?