Error 8C3200008 occurs when you try to make a purchase on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, an error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.
Status code: 8C3200008
This may mean that there’s a problem with your payment option. For example, your billing address may be incorrect, or the credit card used for billing may have expired.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check your billing address
Make sure that the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiration date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 2: Update your payment option
To change or update your payment option, see Update a payment option online, select either Update a payment option or Add payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions.
Solution 3: Contact your bank or financial institution
Your purchase might have failed because:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card you’re using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 4: Try your purchase again later
Your purchase might be blocked because:
- Too many recent purchase attempts were declined.
- The Xbox account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
- The payment option you provided may have a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. If a number of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8C3200008 occurs when you try to make a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?