Error 94-803C0009 occurs when playing a rental video on your Xbox 360
You see the following error code when playing a rental video on your Xbox 360 console:
This means that a license is not available for this rental video. The license for this item is missing, expired, or corrupted.
Most video playback errors occur for one of the following reasons:
- The format is not supported by Xbox 360. See Supported regions, formats, and discs.
- The content is protected by Digital Rights Management. For example, sometimes content is only licensed for playback on a specific computer or device.
- You’re not signed in to Xbox Live, or you’re trying to access content that’s associated with another Xbox 360 console. For more information, see Can’t play or use previously downloaded content on Xbox 360.
To resolve this problem, you'll have to remove the current rental video from your collection and then rent it again from the Movies & TV Store. To remove the rental video from your collection, do the following:
- Go to TV & Movies.
- Select Movies & TV.
- Under My Videos, select My Movies.
- Select the rental video, and then press X to remove it from your collection.
After you've removed the rental video, you can now rent it again from the Movies & TV Store. See How to buy or rent content from Xbox Live on Xbox 360 or your computer for more information.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 94-803C0009 occurs when playing a rental video on your Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?