Error C005120A occurs when your Kinect sensor for Xbox 360 does not move
You may see the following error code and message when your Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor does not move:
The Kinect Sensor can't move enough
Error code: C005120A
Additionally, the Kinect sensor light may be red.
This may mean that there is something that is preventing the sensor from moving up and down.
Solution 1: Make sure the Kinect sensor can freely move
- Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
- If there is a piece of packing foam between the base of the sensor and the sensor head, remove the foam.
Note Do not manually tilt the sensor.
- Make sure that nothing is keeping the sensor from automatically tilting up or down.
- Make sure the sensor is on a flat, level surface. Learn more about sensor placement.
- Turn your console on to see if the problem still occurs.
Solution 2: Update your console software
- Insert a Kinect game disc.
- Start the game from the Xbox Dashboard.
- If your Xbox console software needs updating, you will see the following message:
Update Required: An update has been found. To apply this update, you must restart your console.
- Select Yes, Restart to install the update.
If you are still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.