Error 04-800705b4 occurs when streaming from Windows Media Center or connecting to Xbox Live
You see status code 04-800705b4 and one of the following error messages when streaming from Windows Media Center or connecting to Xbox Live:
Note Before trying the solutions below, make sure the Xbox Live service is running by visiting the Xbox Live Status page.
This means that your Xbox 360 console can't play the media files stored on the computer that’s running Windows Media Center.
For help streaming from Windows Media Center, try this solution.
First, make sure that the UPnP Device Host service is running on your computer. Here’s how:
- On the computer that’s running Windows Media Center, go to the Desktop.
- Right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Click Services and Applications.
- Double-click Services.
- In the list of services, right-click UPnP Device Host, and then click Properties.
- In the Startup type box, click Automatic, and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
Next, make sure that your Xbox console is set up as an extender in Windows Media Center:
- On your console, start Windows Media Center:
- Select Apps, and then select My Apps.
- Select Windows Media Center.
- Click Set up a new connection, and then click Continue.
- Note the setup key, and then click Continue.
- On the computer where the music files are located, start Windows Media Center.
- Click Tasks, then Add Extender, and then Next.
- Type the setup key from step 4, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Try to play the media files in Windows Media Center on your console.
For help connecting to Xbox Live, try these steps.
- Test your Xbox Live connection. Here’s how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to settings and select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- If you get an error testing your Xbox Live connection, visit the Xbox Live Connection Error Solution page.
If you get randomly disconnected from Xbox Live, check out the Xbox Live Disconnect Solution for help with your connection.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 04-800705b4 occurs when streaming from Windows Media Center or connecting to Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?