Error 80070020 occurs when downloading your profile on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to download your Xbox Live profile on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, Xbox Live profiles can't be downloaded right now. Please try again later.
If you get this message and error code, it means the download attempt failed, but the problem might be temporary.
Solution 1: Clear the cache, restart your console, and download your profile again
Clear the system cache
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Redownload your profile
Restart your console. Then, try to download your profile again. Here's how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Select Download Profile.
Note If you don't see Download Profile, it probably means you're signed in to your profile. Press X to sign out.
- Enter the Microsoft account that's associated with your Xbox Live gamertag. If you don't know your Microsoft account credentials, see Manage your Microsoft account FAQ.
Note If your account is an Xbox Live child account, you have to use the parent's Microsoft account to download the profile.
- Enter your password.
- If prompted, select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive). Your profile will begin downloading.
|Remember Password option|
The Remember Password option is off by default, which means you'll be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your Xbox Live profile. Leave Remember Password unchecked if you want to be prompted for your Microsoft account password when you sign in to your profile on this console.
You should now be able sign in to this console using your Xbox Live gamertag.
Solution 2: Contact Xbox Support
If the previous solution didn't solve the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80070020 occurs when downloading your profile on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?