Error 800700E8 occurs when downloading content from Xbox Live on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to download content from Xbox Live on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later.
Status code: 800700E8
This may mean that Xbox Live has encountered an error, or that your Xbox console is experiencing network connectivity trouble.
Note This error is only temporary and may not pertain to your payment or account information.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Make your purchase through a browser
If you’re experiencing this problem while making a purchase, you can work around it by making the purchase online through a browser at Xbox.com instead of through your console. Here’s how:
- Sign in to account.microsoft.com using your Microsoft account.
- Select or tap Store, and then select the category from which you want to make a purchase. For example, if you want to purchase a video, select Entertainment, and then select Movies & TV.
Solution 3: Clear the system cache
- Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Highlight but don't select a storage device, and then press the Y button on your controller for Device Options.
Note It doesn't matter which storage device you highlight. This clears the cache for all storage devices.
- On the Device Options screen, select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Note You'll return to the Storage Devices screen when you've cleared the system cache. You can then press the Guide button on the controller and return to Xbox Home.
Solution 4: Power cycle your Xbox 360 console
Turn the console off and then on again to see if this resolves the issue. Here's how:
- To turn the console off, touch the power button on the front of the console. (See the green lighted buttons below.)
- To turn the console back on, touch the power button again.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot your network connection
Run the Xbox 360 Connection Error Solution. This step-by-step tool may be able to find the problem, which might be a bad Internet connection or a router problem.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 800700E8 occurs when downloading content from Xbox Live on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?