Error 80154016 occurs when try to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live profile
You see the following error code and message when you try to change the Microsoft account that is associated with your Xbox Live profile:
Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later.
Status code: 80154016
This issue can occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- There’s a problem with your Microsoft account. For example, the Microsoft account might have been deleted or blocked, or there may be a problem with the security information in the account.
- Your Microsoft account is associated with two gamertags.
Solution 1: Verify that you are not signed with the old Microsoft account
To resolve this issue, verify that you are not signed in with the old Microsoft account on another device. For example, verify that you are not signed in with the old Microsoft account on your home computer or smartphone.
If you are signed in on another device, sign out and then try again to associate your profile with a different Microsoft account.
Solution 2: Verify the information for your Microsoft account
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in by using your password, reset your password.
- Note any error messages that are displayed.
- After you resolve any errors, verify the information for your Microsoft account. For example, verify the billing information and the information in the Password and security info section.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
- Sign in to Xbox Live and try to download your profile again.
Solution 3: Try to sign in at Xbox.com
- Click Sign In at the top of any xbox.com page, such as this one.
- Type the user name and password for your Microsoft account, and then click Sign In.
Solution 4: Clear the system cache
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
- When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Solution 5: Move and then redownload your Xbox Live profile
- Format a spare USB flash drive as a Memory Unit.
- Move your profile to the flash drive that you formatted in step 1. To do this, follow these steps:
- Plug the USB flash drive into your console.
- Go to settings and select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Gamer Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
- Select Move.
- Select the USB flash drive that you want to move your profile to.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your console.
- Redownload your profile. For help, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox Live profile.
To work around this issue, create a new Microsoft account to use. To create a new account, go to accounts.live.com.
If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80154016 occurs when try to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live profile" issue you were reading about or a different issue?