Error 801650C8 occurs when making a purchase or redeeming a prepaid code on your Xbox 360
You see the following error message when you try to make a purchase or redeem a prepaid code on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later.
Status code: 801650C8
This may mean one of the following:
- There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
- There's an outstanding balance on your Microsoft account.
Note If you're trying to redeem a prepaid code, see How to redeem an Xbox prepaid code.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Pay any outstanding balances
You may get this error if you have an outstanding balance on your Microsoft account. To resolve this problem, you'll have to pay your outstanding balance. Here's how:
- Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find your past-due subscription in the list. The amount past due will be in red.
- Select Pay now, and then follow the instructions to pay the balance due.
Note If your subscription is past due, adding a prepaid code will not settle the balance you owe. You will have to settle the past-due balance using the steps above before redeeming your prepaid code.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 801650C8 occurs when making a purchase or redeeming a prepaid code on your Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?