Error 838200DE occurs when making a purchase on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console:
Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service. Try again later.
Status Code: 838200DE
This may mean:
- The Xbox Live service is temporarily unavailable.
- There's an outstanding balance on your account.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Pay your outstanding balance
If you have a payment option tied to a subscription that has an outstanding balance, you'll have to settle the balance owed before you can make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console.
Here’s how to pay your past-due balance online:
- Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find your past-due subscription in the list. The amount past due will be in red.
- Select Pay now, and then follow the instructions to pay the balance due.
NOTE If your subscription is past due, adding a prepaid code will not settle the balance you owe. You’ll need to settle the outstanding balance using the steps above before redeeming your prepaid code.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 838200DE occurs when making a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?