Error C00D1338 occurs when using Zune software or accessing Zune Marketplace
Note As of November 15, 2015, the Zune service has been discontinued. This may cause errors when attempting to stream or download content or update the service.
You receive error C00D1338 when you try to use your Zune account while using the Zune software or accessing the Zune Marketplace. This may occur if the Zune service is down, if your Internet service is down, or if you entered your sign-in information incorrectly.
Things to try
Try one or more of the following:
- Check the status of the Zune service at Xbox Live Service Status. If the service is unavailable, try again later.
- Close the Zune software, restart your computer, restart the Zune software, and then try to sign in again.
- As obvious as it seems, make sure that you're connected to the Internet. You might have lost your Wi-Fi connection, your service might be down, or your router might be offline and need a simple restart. To check your connection on the computer having the problem:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
If you’re using Windows 8: From the Start screen, start typing control panel, and then press Enter to access your control panel screen.
- Click or tap Network and Internet, and then click or tap View network status and tasks. This screen will tell you whether you're connected to a network or not.
- If you're not connected, click or tap Connect to a network from the status window, and then select an available network. If it shows you’re connected to the wrong network, select the correct one and enter your passcode if requested.
- If you still can’t connect to the Internet, there could be a problem with your Internet service. You can wait a while and sign in again later, or contact your service provider.
- Make sure that you entered the correct email address and password. Here are a few tips to consider when signing in to your Zune account:
- Make sure the caps lock key on your keyboard is off.
- The email and password for your Zune account is the same one you use to sign in to your Xbox account and Microsoft account.
- If you recently added or changed a Microsoft account, and you used an older account to set up your Zune, this new account is not going to sign you in to your Zune account.
- If you want your Zune account associated with a new Microsoft account and password, the only way you can do this is to open a new Zune account, which will be separate from the one you already have.
- If you forgot your password, or you can’t sign in using the correct password, go to Reset your password.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C00D1338 occurs when using Zune software or accessing Zune Marketplace" issue you were reading about or a different issue?