How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
On Windows 10, update your controller by using the Xbox Accessories app:
- Get the app from Microsoft Windows 10 by searching for "Xbox Accessories."
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
- Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
Note You'll be prompted to update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition if you haven't yet done so.
- When the controller is connected, you'll see the message “Update Required” if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
Note You can also go to Device Info to check for updates.
- The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10.
- Controllers that don't have a built-in 3.5-mm audio port must be updated using a USB connection and must have the Windows 10 TH2 Update (or later).
- Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
- Bluetooth requires PCs running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See Windows Update: FAQ to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.