Set up Kinect for Windows v2 or an Xbox Kinect sensor with Kinect Adapter for Windows
About Kinect for Windows v2
|Kinect Adapter for Windows
If you don't have a Kinect sensor, you must purchase both an Xbox Kinect sensor and the Kinect Adapter for Windows. These items are sold separately.
Note Previous versions of the Kinect sensor for Windows included both a Kinect for Windows sensor and an adapter with a power supply.
Recommendations for setting up your Kinect for Windows v2 sensor
Note Some of these recommendations link to relevant Kinect for Xbox One information.
- Make sure your computer is running Windows 8 or a later version. For more information, see the “System requirements” section below.
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest drivers from Windows Update.
- Center the sensor horizontally in front of your monitor or screen. Or, follow the instructions in the setup application.
- Place the sensor on a flat, stable surface, away from any edges.
- Do not place the sensor on a stereo speaker or vibrating surface.
- Make sure the front of the sensor is not obstructed by power cords, computer cables, or other solid objects.
- Make sure the Kinect sensor is in a well-ventilated space and its vents are not covered.
- Keep the sensor out of direct sunlight.
- Keep background noise low to minimize possible voice-recognition issues. For example, don't place the sensor near a fan, stereo speaker, or loud machinery.
- Keep the lens clean.
- If you're using a mounting accessory, make sure you mount the sensor correctly.
Operating system requirements
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows Embedded Standard 8 (64-bit)
- Windows Embedded Standard 8.1 (64-bit)
- 64-bit (x64) processor
- Dual-core 3.2 GHz or faster processor
- Dedicated USB 3.0 bus
- 2 GB RAM
- A Kinect for Windows v2 sensor
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about your Kinect for Windows sensor? Go to the Kinect for Windows FAQ for the latest information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.