Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10
Watch the video, Capture and share with Xbox Game Bar. Note This video is in English only.
While you’re playing a game, press the Windows logo key+ G to open Xbox Game Bar.
- Choose Home > Broadcast & capture.
- Choose Captures, then Start recording or
Take screenshot or Record last….
Record last… turns the most recent moments of play into a game clip when background recording is turned on. Set the duration in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures.
Note The Start broadcasting button starts a live broadcast on Mixer. Learn more at Broadcast your game with Mixer on Windows 10.
Find your game clips and screenshots by opening Game Bar and selecting Home > Captures.
Want quicker access to capture options? Get customization tips.
To share captures to Twitter:
- Open Game Bar.
- Select Home > Captures, then choose a capture.
- Press Share to Twitter. (When you post for the first time, give Game Bar permission to use your Twitter account. You can deauthorize any time in Twitter settings.)
- Enter a message, then select Share.
For more info, see Adjust capture settings on Windows 10.
- To capture game footage, make sure the Record in the background while I’m playing a game check box is selected in Game Bar settings (or turn it on in Windows Settings > Gaming > Captures).
- For some PC games, Game Bar won’t appear full screen. To start and stop recordings without Game Bar, use the keyboard shortcut Windows logo key+ Alt + R. The screen will flash to indicate the start and end of recording. If background recording is on, Windows logo key+ Alt + G will record the last moments of play.
- If the shortcuts don’t work for a full-screen game, press the Windows logo key+ G. The screen will flash twice to confirm that the game is recognized. Then, re-open the game full screen.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10" issue you were reading about or a different issue?