Benefits of running the Xbox app while playing a game on Windows 10
You don't need the Xbox app running while playing a game on a Windows 10 device. However, the benefits of having it open while you play include:
- Seeing who is online and inviting them to play with you.
- Tracking which achievements you've earned for that game.
- Sending and receiving messages with friends while playing.
- Using game streaming to play on another device.
- Receiving activity alerts.
- Taking snapshots of your game or recording video using Game DVR.
For an overview of the Xbox app, see Description of the Xbox app.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.