How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
By keeping your device up-to-date, you'll ensure that you're always running the latest software or hardware drivers, as we frequently fix known issues.
To check for the latest updates for your Windows 10-based device:
- Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings, and then select Update & Security.
- On the Windows Update tab, select Check now to see if any updates are available for your device.
- Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
- Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect. Make sure that you save and close any apps that you have open before you restart.
For help troubleshooting display or audio problems, see Troubleshoot game audio or video issues on Windows 10.
If you're experiencing problems running a game, see My game won't start or freezes on Windows 10.
For information and help with other device problems, visit the Windows 10 Community Forum.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.