Set up and install the Blu-ray and DVD player app on Xbox One
To watch Blu-ray or DVD movies on your Xbox One, you first have to install the Blu-ray app. To install the app, choose one of the following options.
Install from Xbox Home
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Home, and then scroll right and select Store.
- Select Search.
- Type Blu-ray in the search bar, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Blu-ray Player app when it appears.
- Select Free or Install to download and install the Blu-ray Player app.
Install by inserting a disc
- Insert a Blu-ray or DVD disc into your Xbox One.
- Select the Blu-ray Disc app when it appears.
- On the Blu-ray player app details page, select Free or Install.
- Your disc should start playing automatically.
After the app is installed, you can watch Blu-ray or DVD movies by inserting the disc into your Xbox One and selecting Blu-ray player on the Home screen, or by finding it under My Games & apps.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.