Set up and use the SmartGlass app on Xbox One
The Xbox One SmartGlass app lets you to use your Windows device as a companion remote control for your Xbox One console.
The Xbox One SmartGlass app is a free download from Microsoft Store.
Note The Xbox 360 SmartGlass app will not work with your Xbox One console. You must install the Xbox One SmartGlass app.
Xbox One SmartGlass app requirements for devices running Windows
To use the Xbox One SmartGlass app on a tablet or PC running Windows, you need:
- A tablet or PC running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows RT
- A Microsoft account and an associated Xbox Live profile
- An Internet connection or local network connection capable of connecting to your Xbox One console
Note SmartGlass performance varies based on the speed of your network connection and the processing power of your tablet or PC.
Download and Install the Xbox One SmartGlass app from Microsoft Store
- Open the Start screen on your Windows-based device or PC.
- Select Windows Store.
- From the right of the screen on your Windows-based device or PC, swipe the Search charm.
- Search for SmartGlass.
- Find the version of the Xbox SmartGlass app that's compatible with your Windows-based device or PC, and then click Install.
- When the installation completes, an Xbox SmartGlass tile will display on your Start screen.
For more information about using the app with your Xbox One console, see Set up and use SmartGlass on Xbox One.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.