How to position your Xbox One console
Part of the complete Xbox One Getting Started Experience.
Read this page to learn how to correctly position your Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One console.
How to position the Xbox One X and Xbox One S
The Xbox One X and Xbox One S consoles can be placed either horizontally or vertically. The horizontal position offers the most stability. The proper stand is required when using the console in the vertical position.
|Without the stand||With the stand|
For more information about the stands for Xbox One consoles, see Using the vertical stands for the Xbox One S and Xbox One X console.
Keep these tips in mind when you position your console:
- Place the console on a stable surface.
- Do not place the console on speakers or subwoofers.
- The console should be in a well-ventilated, relatively cool place and away from direct heat sources.
- The space should be uncluttered. Do not put other objects on, under, or right next to the console. For example, don’t put an object on the top right of your Xbox One console. This may block the vents and cause your console to overheat.
How to position your original Xbox One
Important The original Xbox One console can only be placed horizontally.
|Good placement||Poor placement|
Place your console horizontally (vertical positioning of the console is not supported) in an environment as follows:
- On a stable surface
- Well-ventilated, relatively cool, and away from direct heat sources
- Uncluttered. Do not put other objects on, under, or right next to the console. For example, don’t put an object on the top right of your Xbox One console. This may block the vents and cause your console to overheat.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to position your Xbox One console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?